Have you ever wanted to meditate for your anxiety and stress but just didn’t know where to start? Do you feel intimated by meditation? Well, it’s easier than you think!
All it takes is 5 minutes of your time for some deep breathing and relaxation.
You might be thinking “I don’t have the time!” But what if I told you that this will make life better? Let’s get started! These meditation tips will help you make meditation a regular part of your life. Your mind and body will thank you.
6 Steps to Meditation
- Find a comfortable place to sit or a place that brings you joy. This can be a warm and comforting room in your house that is quiet.
- Close your eyes and focus on your breathing, concentrating on the air entering and exiting your lungs. Your mind will want to wander and this is normal. This doesn’t mean that you are failing or not capable of meditation. Meditation takes practice. When your mind starts to wander, bring your thoughts back to your breathing.
- As you breathe in, say “I am calm” or “I am at peace.” As you exhale, say “I release all my worries.” Repeat until you feel relaxed. You can modify these phrases to make them authentic for you. These are a few examples to get you started.
- Imagine yourself somewhere peaceful – this could be walking through a forest or sitting by the ocean. For instance, you can imagine yourself walking down a path to the ocean, starting to smell the salty ocean water, and hearing the waves crashing on the beach. Imagery can be a lovely way to help your mind stay focused on the meditation.
- Take deep breaths as often as necessary to keep yourself grounded at the moment.
- When you’re ready to come back to reality, open your eyes slowly and take time for yourself before getting up from that space.
That’s it! Meditation can be as simple and easy as taking a few minutes to find your breath.
Whether you do this at home or in the office doesn’t matter – it’s about making this a part of your life to manage stress and tension in your body.
Use These Meditation Tips to Make Your Health a Priority
While we all live busy lives, it is important to make your mental, emotional, and physical health a priority. It is important to make this part of your daily routine. It helps to find a time of day that works for you. Some individuals like to meditate in the morning while others feel too rushed in the mornings and enjoy meditating before or after lunch. The more authentic it feels for you, the more successful you will be at making meditation part of your life.
Never Feel Guilty or Shameful of Yourself
When you struggle to find time to meditate, please be careful to not place shame or guilt on yourself. You need to have compassion for how hard it is to start something new. It is normal to struggle at first with being consistent. Get curious! What would help it feel more enjoyable and doable? Maybe this means finding a different time of the day. Or you might want to change the phrases or imagery you use to make it more enjoyable. It is also important to remember the benefits or how you will feel afterward when you are struggling to get started.
Remember, your well-being matters! You deserve to have a small amount of time for yourself.
Begin Anxiety Therapy in Atlanta, GA
Anxiety can feel overwhelming, but you can learn to manage your symptoms. If you struggle with anxiety, our team at Informed Therapy is here to provide you with support and guidance while learning the coping skills, like meditation tips, necessary to help you manage your anxiety. If you’re interested in anxiety therapy follow these simple steps:
- Contact Us to Get Scheduled With an Appointment
- Learn More About Our Therapists
- Begin your healing journey
Other Services Offered at Informed Therapy
At Informed Therapy we understand that you may have other mental health struggles. In addition to anxiety therapy, our online practice offers therapy for stress management, depression therapy, and therapy for grief and loss. We specialize in couples therapy, pregnancy counseling, and postpartum therapy. To learn more about Informed Therapy read About Us, FAQs, and our blog!